Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Night brings coolness...I think not

    It's almost 10 o'clock right now, and it still feels like 90 degrees. I turn on the air conditioning but I have it on a timer so it is not running all day. I promised I would write something worth reading, so here goes.

List of Summer Movies That I Want/Don't Want to See:

1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part II - I am a major Harry Potter fan (though I hate the character Harry but I'll explain that another time). I've read all the books multiple times, seen the movies so many times that I can quote major scenes. One of my friends is a master of quoting Harry Potter. She can quote every line in each movie, and if you give her a quote she can tell you which film it's from. One time we tried giving her the first or last lines of the movies to see if she could figure out which HP film it was, and she got them all correct. That's skill right there. Or obsession, as some would say, but I think she has amazing skills.
      Anywho, this is going to be the last Harry Potter film, meaning the end of my childhood. I'm not kidding. I've grown up with Harry Potter, always reading and waiting for the next movie. I feel like I've been a part of the journey. I don't think magic is real or anything. When I say journey I mean the growth of the characters; seeing Harry, Ron, and Hermione grow into adults. And now it's coming to an end and I'm not sure what I'm going to do.

2. Final Destination 5 - Really? Another one. I'm sick and tired of these movies. I was a fan from one to three, but once they did Final Destination 3D I thought "what else is there to do?". After the first one, we already know how the story goes, we're just watching to see how they die and who is the one person who gets to move on to the next film only to survive for only ten minutes. It's dull, repetitive, and annoying as hell. I'm not going to see this movie even if someone pays me to. It would be a waste of hours of my life.

3. X-Men: First Class - This one came out on the third, but I haven't seen it yet. I've seen every other X-Men film, and they've been pretty decent. I don't see a problem with going to see this one. Plus, I believe Nightcrawler is back and I loved his character. Actually, I loved him in the animated series on TV. I wasn't given much of a chance to enjoy seeing him during the films, so that's the only thing I'm really excited for in this movie.

4. Green Lantern - Even though I do want to see this one, I'm starting to get tired of all the superhero movies. Right now I think they're trying to throw them all out there because the big film is coming up where they put Captain America, the Hulk, Iron Man, and whoever else together. So, they have to put out their individual stories before they can smash them all together (Hulk Smash!). Let me go on a slightly off tangent: Not happy that Edward Norton is not reprising his role as the Hulk. That's all I have to say on that one.
     But I'm being serious. Is anyone else tired of the superheros? Did you hear that they're redoing the Spiderman films with Andrew Garfield playing Peter Parker and Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy (I love them both!). I love them, but I don't know if I want to see the same plot line over again. I just wish they would maybe spread the superhero films out a little more. They are too close together when being released.

5. Cars 2 - Never saw the first one. Don't plan on seeing this one. Sorry. Love you Pixar!

6. Transformers: Dark of the Moon - (*sigh*) My best friend would hate me for this but Shia LaBeouf is starting to annoy me now. I liked the first film and the second film was good. I laugh at the dramatic "death" scene at the end. What more do they need to do? When will Sam (Shia's character, if you don't know) ever get a life outside these alien robots? And who decided to replace Megan Fox with some random model chick? I'm not a huge fan of Fox, but I like to keep the main characters the same. I hate when all of a sudden an important character disappears of the face of the earth, especially one that has a romantic relationship with another important character. It screws things over, and they have to come up with a reason why their 4 year relationship ended and he's with some new chick that he met a few days ago (I just made that little scenario up). Will I see this movie, probably not.

7. Captain America - Do I really need to explain? No.

8. Rise of the Planet of the Apes - Not sure if I want to see this movie. I love Tom Felton, who plays Draco Malfoy in the Harry Potter series if you don't know, and I would only see it for him. This movie doesn't seem interesting to me.

9. Spy Kids 4 - It's been a really long time since a Spy Kids film. I'll admit, I was a huge fan when I was younger. Even had all my friends watch Spy Kids 3D when it came out for my birthday party. Do I want to see this one? Ehh...Carmen and Juni have grown up. They're still apart of the OSS, from what I've read, but they're not the stars of the film. They're bringing in two new kids who I feel are both too young. When it started Carmen was a pre-teen (I believe) and Juni wasn't that far behind. But these two new kids, they're just kids. At my age, I don't think I'll be watching it. Though Carmen and Juni are supposed to be making cameos (I'm not spoiling. It's in the trailer).

10. Glee Live! in 3D - Yes! A thousand times yes! I wanted to see them live in concert but I wasn't able to, plus the tickets were expensive. A few of my friends went (I guess I can explain the italics on that another time) and other people I knew from the university. I am a die-hard Gleek. I have almost ever CD, seen every episode, own season one on DVD and volume one of season two. I have posters, I know the songs, I love the characters. I love Glee, if you haven't noticed. The only thing I wished they didn't do was have this film in 3D. I think it would be fine without it, but what can you do.

Wow, I'm going to stop there because this was an extremely long post. If I find out about other movies, I'll give you my opinion and whether or not I'll be seeing it. Hey, if I happen to get an followers/viewers, leave a comment with a movie you've heard of that's coming out this summer. Have a wonderful night and I bid you all a fond farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment