Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Glee: The 3D Concert Movie

So, I just got back from seeing the movie (got advanced tix to see it tonight) and I was happy and disappointed at the same time. I'm not going to go into grave detail, but a lot of the stuff that happened during the Tour (skits, Single Ladies, Dog Days Are Over, some of the scenes in the movie trailer, and Sue Sylvester just to name a few) were actually NOT IN THE MOVIE. I repeat. CUT.

They took out Single Ladies and the Klaine Skits.



What they do have is more of a documentary than the Tour on screen. They sort of do this 3 person story type deal, where we learn about how Glee has inspired and influenced their lives. And how they're like members of the glee. It was nice to see, but it was...unexpected. The movie is more focused on the fans, I should say, then the actually Tour.

They do, however give us the Mini Warbler, and if you haven't seen it: He's adorable.



I did enjoy the movie. I and the people in the theater with me were singing our hearts out. The girls next to me were major Finn fans (I'm a Blaine fan  so I was like "ehh, alright"). Santana is my girl. She was amazing. I found myself watching Quinn and Mercedes a lot, whenever they were on screen. Same thing with Kurt but that's a given.

Overall, I think you guys should see it. STAY FOR THE CREDITS!! They will sing Somedy to Love during the credits and then more Mini Warbler. So, stay in those seats my Glee comrades!

Oh, did I mention that I'm 99.9% sure I saw Damien from the Glee Project in the audience? Yeah, they put the camera right on him. Just wanted to put that out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment