Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tell Me Something Thursday #1

So I thought I would share a little bit about what's been going through my mind lately, and right now it's an audition. Next Tuesday is my audition for the female acapella group at my university. They only need 2-3 more girls this year and there's about 20 or so of us trying out. Thick competition, especially since most of them are music majors or are already in some of the choirs here on campus. I'm an English/Sociology major who plans on being the Headmistress of our Harry Potter Club.



Yeah...my thoughts exactly. But, I thought I'd ask for some advice. I'm stuck between two songs at the moment: Regina Spektor's "The Call" and Adele's "Make You Feel My Love". I was tempted to do "I Wanna Hold Your Hand" by the Beatles or "Take Me or Leave Me" from the musical rent, but I'm a second alto. This means, if you don't know, I have a lower singing voice. Don't get me wrong, I can be first alto or second soprano (I once did the tenor part with one of my female friends and a bunch of guys. Awesomeness!) but I'm usually casted as a second alto.

So, my question is: which one do you think I should do? I know you haven't heard my voice or anything, but which one do you prefer? Or do you have a different song in mind? I would love to hear what you have to say!

No comments:

Post a Comment