Sunday, November 13, 2011

Funny Poetry About Sex

Must finish philosophy homework before watching Merlin! Gah, but who wants to read an entire article about torture? I sure don't.



Anywho, I'm still alive for Humans vs. Zombies. Got a guy I know since last year, but he's not planning on playing as a zombie so I really just helped him quit the game. Works for me though! And I saved a couple of my friends.

I just came back from a meeting of the literary magazine of the college I go to. I submitted a few poems and once again they've all been shot down. I was hoping we would talk about it but since they didn't even get enough votes for Round One, we didn't discuss. I was really hoping to find out why they didn't like my poems. I was confused on what they were looking for, what they find interesting...until today. Apparently, the ones that get an automatic yes (have enough votes to surpass the rounds and just gets put into the book without discussion) are the funny ones, the ones about sex, the ones about penises, the ones that are funny and about penises, and the super philosophical ones.



I don't write any of those types of poems. I don't think I ever will. I might try a "philosophical" one but it's just not my style. I feel like I'll never be able to get my poems in the book because I don't write what the board finds interesting. I'm not funny. Plain and simple. I don't and won't write about penises. I might write about sex but it will probably not be obvious or what I'm writing about will symbolize sex. I don't know.

I submitted ones about love, an imagery poem about a fallen angel being trapped, and something else that right now I can't remember. But the ones I mentioned were my favorite and I thought they would like. But apparently not.

I'm not going to give up though. Just because they don't like it doesn't mean others don't either. But this constant rejection from not only the literary magazine but life in general is really getting me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment