Friday, November 18, 2011

Silent Treatment from the Roommate: It Begins

I wanted to make sure I was right before I posted this. Took a few hours but it's official: I pissed off my roommate Jane!



Today our argument layout for our philosophy class was due. Keep in mind, this is not a group project and even though we have the same class/professor, it's not at the same time.

Anywho, I looked at this assignment ahead of time and I wrote it Wednesday night and sent it to my professor Thursday morning to look over it. Jane wants to start working on it at 10pm Thursday night. She doesn't even read the section of the article before she goes:

"Oh my God, I don't understand this!...What is he even talking about?....I don't know what I'm supposed to do....What did you do?"

Automatically, I'm pissed. Don't ask for help if you haven't read it. And you're not even asking for help! She does this every time and then basically copies what I already did. So I didn't tell her. I said that I didn't know what I was doing and that I just did blah blah blah and sent it to the professor.

"Oh...What did she say?"

"I don't know. I haven't checked my email. I'm working on my English paper." I said.

5-7 minutes later.

"Have you checked your email?"

No! It's not my fault you have not done your homework. It's not my fault that you waited until the last minute to do it. I did mine. I'm working on something else. Don't try to take up my time with your crap.



I check my email cause she asks again (ahhh!). The professor told me to change a few things. I didn't tell Jane everything. I told her that the argument layout only needs two premises for the conclusion. Why the hell does she walk over and reads over my shoulder to look at my email?

"Oh...What's your conclusion?"

Do your own work! You still haven't read the stupid article! I didn't tell her my conclusion. I told her it was something to do with the last paragraph. I go back to my paper and in the corner of my eye I see her rocking back and forth staring at the article on her laptop going:

"What the hell am I supposed to do?....I have like 10 premises...I'm going to fail...This is stupid. I don't have time for this."

I ignored her. I finished my paper, my readings, and then fixed my argument layout and went to sleep around 1:15am. Since then she hasn't spoken a word to me. She'll talk to Cathy and invite her to go to dinner with her. She just invited her to the Howie Day concert that's going to happen in about 30 minutes.



She can give me the silent treatment all she wants. I stood my ground. I'm not allowing you to copy all my hardwork anymore. If that means no more talking to you, that's fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment